Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Long Time Friends and a Cool Exchange

After Fort Worth we were invited to dinner at the Campbell's home in Euless, Texas (north of Dallas). They are long time friends of Brandon's family and he was a mentor to Brandon. We haven't seen them in about 10 years so it was nice to reconnect. We had a nice dinner and then some tea as we talked a bit to catch up. It was such an encouragement to hang out with this couple and just listen to things they have gone through and their perspective. Later that evening they encouraged us on our journey and passed on a check of $300, telling us they wanted to plant a seed in our lives. That in itself was a wonderful gift that was definitely needed and used for us to get back home. But the story doesn't stop there. As we were heading out the door, we were stopped at their hall closet and Ron began to talk to Brandon about a guitar someone had given him a few years back. He proceeded to open the case to show us, saying he doesn't know how to play and doesn't really have a use for it.

So, I will stop here to say, two days before we left on our trip I sold my guitar on craigslist. It was bitter sweet. I was willing to part with it, so that we could go where we felt led on this trip because we needed some extra money. Just feeling like it was one of those things I was willing to let go. After all, most things are replaceable, right?! Well, here is a picture of the guitar I sold.

And you guessed it. He handed me the guitar and said he felt like I should have his! Not knowing I sold it for our trip or the real story behind it. And to make it even more sweet....It is the same guitar (literally....style, name and all) except for the color.


So, I have a guitar again and this one actually sounds a little better than the one I had a few weeks ago. Just another wonderful confirmation of God knowing every detail and taking care of every detail. This was another great time we had in Texas. And thanks to God, we got to stop by for a bit with the Campbell family. It was truly an encouraging time for us.
Next stop was Brandon's cousin's house to spend the night.
Ps. This is the second guitar that has been given to me and I was given a piano this year as well. Hmmm....I wonder if God is trying to tell me something?!

No comments:

Post a Comment